Farrer, George Sautelle House
Nestled away in the quiet, leafy suburb of Farrer, our newly developed residential care facility will have you feeling safely at home.
George Sautelle House continues Goodwin’s tradition of award-winning residences with industry-leading care, providing choice every step of the way. It’s your home to live the life you choose, eat the food you love, while receiving the care you deserve.
For information on retirement living at Goodwin Village Farrer, please click here.
As with all Goodwin live-in care communities, the level of care you can expect in the new George Sautelle House takes into consideration your overall wellbeing, with services that help you achieve the best quality of life.
George Sautelle House offers 24/7 onsite, on-staff nurses. This service is not mandated in the ACT and is not offered by all providers. Goodwin’s 24-hour onsite nurse services provide faster pain relief at all hours of the night, a higher level of clinical care and case management. This service often reduces transfers to hospital emergency departments and means the Goodwin care experience is more tailored and comfortable.
Goodwin facilities ensure that one-on-one attention is provided to every resident by scheduling regular clinics with a Registered Nurse. These clinics allow for an authentic insight into each person’s health and well-being needs and caters to a personalised approach. In doing so, Goodwin seeks to understand how each individual is feeling and avoids utilising a traditional one-size-fits all diagnosis.
These clinics give our carers a greater insight into how residents are feeling. This allows us to treat the person, not just the diagnosis.
Goodwin’s in-house clinical care providers and dedicated activities officers pride themselves on treating each individual with the highest quality care available and forming strong relationships with the residents.
- Daily wellness/exercise sessions
- Team of Activities Officers for regular games, outings and events
- Secure garden areas with shared garden beds for residents to tend
- 24/7 onsite nurses
- Geriatric assessment and review
- Allied health assessment and review
- Regular one-to-one Registered Nurse clinics
- Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner
- Specialist dementia care in purpose-designed enabling environments
- Specialist palliative care services and advance care planning with families
- Religious services
We understand that moving into George Sautelle House will make it your new home, and we want it to feel comfortable from the moment you arrive.
You can expect:
- 24/7 on-site nurses
- Onsite health and allied health specialists
- Chef-cooked meals prepared fresh onsite
- Dementia-friendly building design
- Beautiful gardens all year-round
- Multiple communal spaces and quiet corners
- Daily activities, on-and-off-site
- Easy access to Goodwin Village Farrer’s Café Nina
- Resident’s gym
- Hydrotherapy bath
- Onsite hairdresser
- BBQs and outdoor seating
- Stunning views of Mt Taylor and established gums
At Goodwin we understand that the social enjoyment of dining is just as important as the nutritional value and quality standards of the food we prepare.
Dining rooms will be designed to be welcoming spaces for residents to socialise with each other, with room to entertain family and friends. Residents will also have the option to dine in their room if desired.
Goodwin residents get to have their say on menu design through our Food for Thought focus groups.
All food will be cooked fresh in our on-site commercial kitchen. Designed by a committee of nutritionists, aged care experts and quality hotel industry professionals including our head chef, our seasonal menus offer two hot options per meal including a full continental breakfast, additional cold options at lunch and dinner, plus morning tea, afternoon tea, and supper. We offer:
- fresh, nutritious and seasonal ingredients
- special dietary requirement options
- seasonal menus with weekly rotations for variety
- traditional classics, international cuisines and special themes
- resident favourite requests
- regular and light options
- dietititian-prescribed meal supplements including our house-designed , nutritional High Energy High Protein shakes made with wholefoods.
Click here to see a sample seasonal menu at Goodwin live-in care facilities.