A long history of success
We’ve been providing quality care to senior Canberran’s since 1954.
Goodwin is the largest aged care services provider in Canberra, which means we have a wealth of resources you can benefit from.
We are a not-for-profit so you can rest assured every dollar we make goes right back into improving the care that we provide.
Pictured: Lt Col John Thomas Goodwin, tireless advocate for the Canberran community and inspiration for the name Goodwin.
We are proud to say we provide amazing care, but it’s not just us saying it. We’ve won awards, received certifications and been commended on our care by many important industry bodies, including:
- COTA ACT
- Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency Ltd
- Property Council of Australia (ACT)
- Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
Leaders in the industry
We like to lead from the front, always innovating new ways to do what we do better.
- First in Australia in-house pharmacist in 2018 – what is now becoming an industry standard
- First in Australia to use TytoCare to facilitate virtual GP examinations, solving the issue of travel and access difficulties
- Pioneers of COVID-19 infection control, with 100% vaccination rates among staff and residents, ensuring your safety
If you care about living sustainably, Goodwin is for you.
Environmental sustainability is a core value in everything we do, so you can rest assured your choice is good for you and the planet.
Learn about our environmental initiatives.
“We absolutely adore our unit. Family, friends and grandchildren also love it, and our grandson wants to move in!”
Peg, Goodwin Village Ainslie Resident
“Goodwin’s people are very impressive, and you should be proud of them.
They know the residents and their roles very well, enabling them to provide the highest level of care, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.”
Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
“What could have been a dreary old age is now a fulfilling experience. The attention to individual needs is most gratifying. A big thank you!”
Goodwin Home Care, client survey response