Farrer Village, George Sautelle House
Farrer Village by Goodwin, incorporating the George Sautelle House, is currently undergoing redevelopment as part of the revitalisation and upgrade project. Stay tuned to this page for construction updates.
The revitalised live-in aged care facility will be equipped with state-of-the-art technologies for the highest clinical care, including support for dementia and palliative care.
For more information on the new Farrer Village, please click here.
As with all Goodwin live-in care communities, the level of care you can expect in the new George Sautelle House takes into consideration your overall wellbeing, with services that help you achieve the best quality of life.
George Sautelle House will offer 24/7 onsite, on-staff nurses. This service is not mandated in the ACT and not found at all facilities. Our own 24-hour onsite nurse services can provide faster pain relief at all hours of the night, higher level clinical care and case management, and may reduce transfers to hospital emergency departments.
Goodwin facilities have a geriatrician working closely with our own Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner, and who together lead regular Registered Nurse clinics with residents to ensure one-to-one attention around their health and wellbeing needs, and a person-centred approach to care.
These clinics give our carers a greater insight into how residents are feeling. This allows us to treat the person, not just the diagnosis.
This means that you can be assured of the highest quality clinical care available. You will have carers you are familiar with and who know you as well as dedicated activities officers to ensure a quality lifestyle.
- Daily wellness/exercise sessions
- Team of Activities Officers for regular games, outings and events
- Secure garden areas with shared garden beds for residents to tend
- 24/7 onsite nurses
- Geriatric assessment and review
- Allied health assessment and review
- Regular one-to-one Registered Nurse clinics
- Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner
- Specialist dementia care in purpose-designed enabling environments
- Specialist palliative care services and advance care planning with families
- Religious services
We understand that moving into George Sautelle House will make it your new home, and we want it to feel comfortable from the moment you arrive. We will offer a range of weekly organised activities based on residents’ preferences, within a friendly community.
The new facility is currently in design phase. Watch this space for exciting new details about the new George Sautelle House. You can expect:
- private ensuites
- balconies, gardens, outdoor seating
- commercial cafe within the village
- commercial kitchen for fresh cooked meals
- on-staff activities officers
- Goodwin bus for group outings
At Goodwin we understand that the social enjoyment of dining is just as important as the nutritional value and quality standards of the food we prepare.
Dining rooms will be designed to be welcoming spaces for residents to socialise with each other, with room to entertain family and friends. Residents will also have the option to dine in their room if desired.
Goodwin residents get to have their say on menu design through our Food for Thought focus groups.
All food will be cooked fresh in our on-site commercial kitchen. Designed by a committee of nutritionists, aged care experts and quality hotel industry professionals including our head chef, our seasonal menus offer two hot options per meal including a full continental breakfast, additional cold options at lunch and dinner, plus morning tea, afternoon tea, and supper. We offer:
- fresh, nutritious and seasonal ingredients
- special dietary requirement options
- seasonal menus with weekly rotations for variety
- traditional classics, international cuisines and special themes
- resident favourite requests
- regular and light options
- dietititian-prescribed meal supplements including our house-designed , nutritional High Energy High Protein shakes made with wholefoods.
Click here to see a sample seasonal menu at Goodwin live-in care facilities.