Ralph Cartwright Centre
Ralph Cartwright Centre is not accepting new admissions.
The Ralph Cartwright Centre provides you with a cottage-style home set within the picturesque gardens and wetlands of the highly-awarded Monash village.
All of our facilities give you the opportunity to balance privacy within your beautifully appointed room, with opportunities to socialise and take advantage of our outstanding range of facilities. In each facility, you’ll also have the peace of mind that comes with 24 hour access to our dedicated care and nursing support.
Our level of care takes into consideration your overall wellbeing, with services that help you achieve the best quality of life.
Ralph Cartwright Centre now offers 24/7 onsite, on-staff nurses. This service is not mandated in the ACT and not found at all facilities. Our own 24-hour onsite nurse services can provide faster pain relief at all hours of the night, higher level clinical care and case management, and may reduce transfers to hospital emergency departments.
We have a geriatrician working closely with our own Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner, and who together lead regular Registered Nurse clinics with residents to ensure one-to-one attention around their health and wellbeing needs, and a person-centred approach to care.
These clinics give our carers a greater insight into how residents are feeling. This allows us to treat the person, not just the diagnosis.
This means that you can be assured of the highest quality clinical care available. You will have carers you are familiar with and who know you as well as dedicated activities officers to ensure a quality lifestyle.
- Daily wellness/exercise sessions
- Team of Activities Officers for regular games, outings and events (for a sample calendar of monthly activities, click here)
- Secure garden areas with shared garden beds for residents to tend
- 24/7 onsite nurses
- Geriatric assessment and review
- Allied health assessment and review
- Regular one-to-one Registered Nurse clinics
- Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner
- Specialist dementia care in purpose-designed enabling environments
- Leisure and lifestyle program underpinned by Montessori method dementia care
- Religious services
Refurbished in 2015, the fresh, light-filled Ralph Cartwright Centre provides everything you need to enjoy an active and social lifestyle including:
- Activity Centre
- Private family dining room
- BBQ facilities
- Onsite hairdressing service
- Viewing pontoon over Goodwin pond
- Walking paths through the landscaped gardens
- Internet café
- Spacious lounges
- Cafe & (also available for you to hire for private functions)
- Games and craft rooms
- Daily wellness and exercise classes
- Hydrotherapy bath
All food is cooked fresh. Designed by a committee of nutritionists, aged care experts and hotel industry professionals, our seasonal menus offer two hot options per meal including a full continental breakfast, additional cold options at lunch and dinner, plus morning tea, afternoon tea, and supper. We offer:
- Fresh, nutritious and seasonal ingredients
- Special dietary requirement options
- Seasonal four week rotations
- Traditional classics, international cuisines and special themes
- Resident favourite requests
- Regular and light options
All our cottage-style rooms are fully furnished, spacious and bathed in natural sunlight, with everything you need to ensure your optimum daily comfort including private ensuite, storage space, a bar cooler, tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV, reverse cycle air conditioning, electric bed, in-slab heating and serene garden views.
family of a
The staff and carers have been absolutely amazing and we greatly appreciate the quality of their care! We have become a part of the Goodwin family and they have become a part of our family.