Ainslie, Goodwin House
The architect-designed Goodwin House offers a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, thanks to an impressive foyer featuring a large exotic fish tank, grand piano and relaxing lounge.
All of our facilities give you the opportunity to balance privacy within your beautifully appointed room, with opportunities to socialise and take advantage of our outstanding range of facilities. In each facility, you’ll also have the peace of mind that comes with 24 hour access to our dedicated care and nursing support.
Our level of care takes into consideration your overall wellbeing, with services that help you achieve the best quality of life.
Goodwin House offers 24/7 onsite, on-staff nurses. This service is not mandated in the ACT and not found at all facilities. Our own 24-hour onsite nurse services can provide faster pain relief at all hours of the night, higher level clinical care and case management, and may reduce transfers to hospital emergency departments.
We also have a geriatrician working closely with our own Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner, and who together lead regular registered nurse clinics with residents to ensure one-to-one attention around their health and wellbeing needs, and a person-centred approach to care.
These clinics give our carers a greater insight into how residents are feeling. This allows us to treat the person, not just the diagnosis.
This means that you can be assured of the highest quality clinical care available. You will have carers you are familiar with and who know you as well as dedicated activities officers to ensure a quality lifestyle.
- Daily wellness/exercise sessions
- Team of Activities Officers for regular games, outings and events (click here to view a sample monthy activity calendar)
- Secure garden areas with shared garden beds for residents to tend
- 24/7 onsite nurses
- Geriatric assessment and review
- Allied health assessment and review
- Regular one-to-one Registered Nurse clinics
- Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner
- Specialist dementia care in purpose-designed enabling environments
- Leisure and lifestyle program underpinned by Montessori method dementia care
- Religious services
Goodwin House provides everything you need to enjoy an exceptional lifestyle including:
- Internet cafe with free Wi-Fi
- Convenience store
- Games and craft rooms
- Allied health and well being centre
- Spacious reception and lounge areas
- Room hire for family functions
Goodwin has highly trained and qualified chefs including world-class chef Sandeep Vaid.
At Goodwin we understand that the social enjoyment of dining is just as important as the nutritional value and quality standards of the food we prepare.
Our dining facilities include three light-filled dining rooms that encourage socialisation as well as an onsite café and restaurant. Residents also have access to private dining facilities for entertaining family and friends and have the option to dine in their own room.
All food is cooked fresh. Designed by a committee of nutritionists, aged care experts and hotel industry professionals, our seasonal menus offer two hot options per meal including a full continental breakfast, additional cold options at lunch and dinner, plus morning tea, afternoon tea, and supper. We offer:
- fresh, nutritious and seasonal ingredients
- special dietary requirement options
- seasonal four week rotations
- traditional classics, international cuisines and special themes
- resident favourite requests
- regular and light options.
All our rooms are fully furnished, spacious and beautifully appointed with everything you need to ensure your optimum daily comfort including plenty of storage space, desk and lounge, a bar refrigerator, flat screen TV, reverse cycle air conditioning and electric bed.
I chose Goodwin as it was the best choice for me after my husband had passed away. I like the people here and I have made some good friends.
Goodwin House resident