David Harper House
Set amongst tranquil landscaped wetlands, with stunning views overlooking the picturesque Brindabella Mountains and our feature pond, this award-winning facility offers a superior quality of life for residents.
All of our facilities give you the opportunity to balance privacy within your beautifully appointed room, with opportunities to socialise and take advantage of our outstanding range of facilities. In each facility, you’ll also have the peace of mind that comes with 24 hour access to our dedicated care and nursing support.
Our level of care takes into consideration your overall wellbeing, with services that help you achieve the best quality of life.
David Harper House now offers 24/7 onsite, on-staff nurses. This service is not mandated in the ACT and not found at all facilities. Our own 24-hour onsite nurse services can provide faster pain relief at all hours of the night, higher level clinical care and case management, and may reduce transfers to hospital emergency departments.
We have a geriatrician working closely with our own Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner, and who together lead regular Registered Nurse clinics with residents to ensure one-to-one attention around their health and wellbeing needs, and a person-centred approach to care.
These clinics give our carers a greater insight into how residents are feeling. This allows us to treat the person, not just the diagnosis.
This means that you can be assured of the highest quality clinical care available. You will have carers you are familiar with and who know you as well as dedicated activities officers to ensure a quality lifestyle.
- Daily wellness/exercise sessions
- Team of Activities Officers for regular games, outings and events (click here for a sample monthly activity calendar)
- Secure garden areas with shared garden beds for residents to tend
- 24/7 onsite nurses
- Geriatric assessment and review
- Allied health assessment and review
- Regular one-to-one Registered Nurse clinics
- Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner
- Specialist dementia care in purpose-designed enabling environments
- Leisure and lifestyle program underpinned by Montessori method dementia care
- Religious services
David Harper House provides everything you need to enjoy an exceptional lifestyle including:
- Team of Activity Officers
- Large activities room
- Goodwin pond and viewing pontoon
- Mobile library
- Internet café
- Spacious lounges with inviting furniture
- Private dining room for family functions
- Public cafe & restaurant
- Games and craft rooms
- Exercise/wellness classes
- BBQ area with bird aviary
- Health and wellness programs
- Hydrotherapy bath
- Tranquil gardens
At Goodwin we understand that the social enjoyment of dining is just as important as the nutritional value and quality standards of the food we prepare.
Our dining facilities include two light-filled dining rooms, plus a sheltered and sunny alfresco dining area overlooking the Goodwin Pond, and an onsite public café and restaurant that encourage socialisation. In addition residents have access to private dining facilities for entertaining family and friends as well as the option of dining in their own room.
All food is cooked fresh. Designed by a committee of nutritionists, aged care experts and hotel industry professionals, our seasonal menus offer two hot options per meal including a full continental breakfast, additional cold options at lunch and dinner, plus morning tea, afternoon tea, and supper. We offer:
- fresh, nutritious and seasonal ingredients
- special dietary requirement options
- seasonal four week rotations
- traditional classics, international cuisines and special themes
- resident favourite requests
- regular and light options.
All our rooms are fully furnished, spacious and beautifully appointed with everything you need to ensure your optimum daily comfort including plenty of storage space, a bar refrigerator, flat screen TV, reverse cycle air conditioning and electric bed.
Goodwin customer survey
We would like to thank Goodwin Monash for their wonderful care of mum and dad over the last two years and in particular in these recent difficult times.