Updated: 3 July 2020
If you’re living in or visiting a retirement village, please be aware of these temporary restrictions.
Our clubhouse facilities, cafes and social programs are operating under the ACT Government’s rulings on social distancing and gathering numbers, and will continue to adapt as the COVID-19 journey continues.
Our aim is to re-start any services that may be forced to pause, as soon as possible within the health directives and while balancing strong infection control measures for the protection of our residents.
We welcome visitors to contact the village reception or Village Manager for the most up-to-date information. Our Village Managers are also are keeping our residents updated on a weekly basis.
For the protection of residents, we ask that no one enters the clubhouse who:
- is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms or has fever; and/or
- meets the current government self-isolation criteria.
We ask visitors to be mindful that the majority of retirement village residents are among those most vulnerable to serious illness if they contract COVID-19.
Meantime, we are consulting closely with our residents on how best to adapt to the circumstances, while enjoying the village as much as possible.
Supporting our residents
During the COVID-19 journey to date we have been supporting residents with initiatives including:
- weekly welfare calls to residents, with more frequent calls to residents who are in self-isolation or are identified as vulnerable
- take away meal services and home deliveries of café meals and drinks
- home deliveries of newspapers or books from our clubhouse library
- weekly ‘distanced’ events such as balcony dance parties
- cashless transactions at the cafes
- continuation of essential maintenance services.
The best defences we have against COVID-19 are social distancing and excellent hygiene.