As bushfires in regional New South Wales continue to burn and Canberra is impacted by smoke, Goodwin urges people to stay indoors as much as practicable. The forecast for Canberra on Saturday 4 January 2020 is extreme heat and smoke haze, so it is especially important to postpone non-essential outdoor exposure.
Goodwin services continue for residents and clients. Those in our care are always our top priority.
These are some of the measures we have in place to keep residents, clients, families and staff safe from current conditions:
- We have reduced non-essential and non-urgent community care to minimise outdoor exposure.
- We have modified activity programs to keep people indoors.
- Each of our four sites have emergency plans in place.
- Goodwin management and staff are trained and ready to act if an emergency arises.
- Our cafes are open to the Goodwin community and the public – and will stay open for longer hours if people want to use the space to be with others in comfort. Cafes are at our Farrer, Ainslie and Monash sites.
- We have staff available to take calls from members of our Goodwin community seeking information about our services and management during the current extreme weather event.
For urgent Goodwin inquiries, call (02) 6175 5100
To contact one of the Goodwin sites, go to our Contact page
In case of emergency, always call 000.
For updates on conditions, go to the ACT Emergency Services Agency website.